Centennial Park 125: The Light Garden
Sorry, this event’s been and gone
|Fri 18 Jan ’13, 6:00pm–10:00pm||
|Sat 19 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Sun 20 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Mon 21 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Tue 22 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Wed 23 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Thu 24 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Fri 25 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Sat 26 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|Sun 27 Jan ’13, 8:00pm–10:00pm||
|View more sessions|
Where: Centennial Parklands, Corner Parkes Drive and Grand Drive, Randwick, Sydney
Restrictions: All Ages
- Admission: Free
Event listed by: GlennEF
See Centennial Park like never before!
Bring a picnic blanket, your picnic supplies (or purchase food and drink on-site), sit back and watch the sun set over Sydney.
As the sun goes down, the lights will come on, and you will be able to wander through the spectacular Boulevard of Light and into the magic of the Light Garden. Feast your senses on music, food, entertainment and art. See the Park like never before!
While we encourage you to come early and enjoy your picnic from 6pm onwards, our activities will begin at 7pm. Lights are turned on at 8pm.
For 10 glorious summer evenings, you will have the chance to enjoy:
- Walk through the Boulevard of Light and see a our outdoor gallery
- Experience the beauty of The Light Garden – delicately constructed using 4,000 individual lighting elements
- Be entertained by roving illuminated entertainers
- Picnic in the twilight, accompanied by ambient, chilled out live music
- Enjoy the world-premiere screening of “As Small Birds Play” soundscape film
- Participate in pre-booked and drop-in workshops
- Make your very own wish for the future of Centennial Park and attach it to the Wish Tree
Centennial Parklands, Corner Parkes Drive and Grand Drive, Randwick, Sydney